Mallory Coach House
The Mallory Coach House was built circa 1853 and has been used as a hotel, tavern, doctor's office, farm house and as a residence. It was purchased by the Township in the fall of 2005, to be used for a tourist attraction, art shows, a meeting place for local groups, and a place to showcase historical artifacts and documents. Under the management of the Heritage Committee, it has undergone major renovations and restorations, funded by grants and generous donations. The garden area and gazebo are also used for community events and weddings.
The following events are hosted by the Mallory Coach House Committee in 2019:
- Doors Open - TBD
- July & August - Museum Tours at the Mallory Coach House Tuesday - Sunday from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Exhibits, tours and a gift shop is available. Mornings by appointment 613-923-2251. Come and see our wealth of local information including photos and actual articles from Canada's first glass works.
- Sunday, June 23rd - Strawberry Social in the Mallory Coach House Gardens from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
- Sunday, August 4th - Blueberry Social in the Mallory Coach House Gardens from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
- Saturday, August 24th - Mallorytown Village Fair. The fair is held at the Mallorytown Community Centre and Mallory Coach House and Gardens, from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Please contact Barb Morrison at 613-923-5140 or Sandra Wells at 613-923-5713 for more information or to sign up as a vendor.
- Saturday, December 7th - Christmas Bazaar and Bake Sale at the Mallorytown Community Centre and Mallory Coach House from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm. Homemade lunch will be available at the Community Centre.
- January 1st - NEW YEAR'S LEVEE from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
Thank you to all businesses, groups and individuals who have donated time, money and/or artifacts to the Mallory Coach House.
To make a donation of money, time or materials, contact Bob Morrison at 613-923-5140 or leave the donation at the Township Hall. If you are interested in booking space at the Mallory Coach House, contact the Front of Yonge Township office at 613-923-2251 or firstname.lastname@example.org
June, 2019 Update
Volunteers and Council members have removed the old fence and built a new cedar fence along the north side of the Township garage and down the west side of the Mallory Coach House property. In partnership with Yonge in Bloom, the gardens have been weeded and planted.
The Mallory Coach House welcomed Front of Yonge Elementary School students from the JK/SK and grades 4, 5 & 6 classes for a visit! Students enjoyed baking, completing a scavenger hunt, making a craft and listening to "Sir John A." explain Confederation.
Mallory Coach House Heritage Committee